is product created in the final stage of composting where
there is a healthy and stable microbial environment.
The humus portion of soils facilitates the healthy growth
of vegetative manner and possesses numerous beneficial
attributes that are inherent in the material.
What is Humus?
Humus is an environment in which earth's elements and
naturally occurring microbes sustain life for all plant
life on this planet. Humus is created by Mother Nature's
natural process of decomposing all organisms to a natural
However, as organic waste streams are generated in substantially
larger quantities by the activities of man, the amount
of organic material in relation to the natural time cycle
for organic decomposition is no longer in balance, thus
altering what would occur naturally by Mother Nature.
Mother's Organics restores this balance by receiving
large volumes of organic material and utilizing farming
methods which promote the natural chemical and biological
conditions of Mother Nature, but in an expedited time
Essentially, Mother's Organics creates a controlled
environment which allows for the optimal decomposition
of organic material via microbial activities. The end
product is high quality organic humus, which can then
by reapplied to the environment in a beneficial manner.
- It amends soil by enriching it with organic matter
providing a more healthy growing medium.
- It reduces water consumption by adding organic matter
to soil, which improves the ability of the soils to
- It provides a natural pesticide by encouraging strong
root growth and healthy growth of vegetative matter.
- It provides erosion control by encouraging strong
root growth, by absorbing water.
- It provides bioremediation capabilities by acting
as a filter for water.
- It has been proven to increase crop yields when used
for growing endeavors.
What are the Community Benefits…
- It diverts organic material away from landfills,
which are not ecologically positive land uses.
- By diverting organic materials from landfills, greenhouse
gases in the form of methane are reduced.
- Landfill space is reserved only for material in which
recycling isn't feasible.
- Taking green vegetative material and transforming
it into humus helps clean the environment, as well
as creating a useable products that can be reintroduced
into the environment in a beneficial manner.
- Utilizing humus in erosion control and in improving
water quality can collectively reduce run-off into
- Educating the public on the importance of composting
in a commercial environment will also encourage home
- Teaching children individual environmental responsibility
will have long-term positive effects for our community.